Friday, June 5, 2009

Confessions for Your Family

Proverbs 12:6 says that the mouth of the upright will deliver them. Proverbs 14:3 says the lips of the wise will protect them, and Proverbs 18:20 declares that with the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach will be satisfied; He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.
Knowing these things [as well as the many, many other verses that describe the power of our mouths [see article entitled Yad] I decided to put some generic confessions together for the family. Personalize them by using your children's and spouse's names.
Base Scriptures
Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:1
For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. 1 Corinthians 1:20
He made Him Who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 1 Corinthians 5:21
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit Who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12
Confessions
God is a faithful God Who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation…He will bless my child(ren),the fruit of my womb. Deuteronomy 7:9,13
The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to me and to my child(ren) forever, that we may observe all the words of His law. Deuteronomy 29:29
Our child(ren) will serve Him; we will tell them of the Lord. Psalm 22:30
Our child(ren) will inherit the land...our souls abides in prosperity because we fear the Lord and He instructs us in the way we should choose. Psalm 25:12,13
We are hidden in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man; You keep us secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues. Ps 31:20
Our descendants are a blessing—we will never be forsaken and our child(ren) will never beg bread. Psalm 37:25,26
The work of the Lord appears to us and His majesty appears to our child(ren). Psalm 90:16
I have made the Lord our refuge—the Most High is my dwelling place. A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my righthand, but it shall not approach me…no evil will befall me, nor will any plague come near my dwelling. God has put His angels in charge of me and my house, and they guard us in all of our ways. Psalm 91:7,9-11
Because we have loved Him, He satisfies us with long life and we see His salvation. Psalm 91:16
The Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and He is faithful to my child(ren). Psalm 100:5
[My husband/wife and] I will continue, and our [my] child(ren) will be established before God. Psalm 102:28
The lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon my husband/wife and me, and His righteousness is upon our child(ren). Psalm 103:17,18
Praise the Lord! [My husband/wife and] I are [am] blessed because we fear the Lord and delight greatly in His commandments. Therefore our [my] child(ren) will be mighty on the earth. Psalm 112:1,2
The Lord gives [my husband/wife and] me and our [my] sons and daughters increase. Psalm 115:14
The scepter of wickedness does not rest upon our land and we do not put forth our hands to do wrong. Psalm 125:3
My child(ren) are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward. We are blessed by them, and will never be ashamed. Psalm 127:3-5
We will see our children’s children! Psalm 128:6
My [husband/wife and] I praise the Lord, for He has strengthened the bars of our gates. He has blessed our child(ren) within us—He makes peace in our borders and He satisfies us with the finest provisions. Psalm 147:12-14
The Lord blesses our dwelling because we are the righteous. Proverbs 3:33
Certainly our child(ren) will be delivered…Proverbs 11:21
No harm befalls us because we’ve been made the righteousness of God in Christ. Proverbs 12:21, 2 Corinthians 5:21
Because I revere the Lord, I have strong confidence...I and my child(ren) will have refuge. Proverbs 14:26
Because [my husband/wife and] I walk in integrity, our [my] child(ren) are blessed. Proverbs 20:7
We do not fear, for God is with us; we do not anxiously look about us, for He is our God. He strengthens us and will surely help us—surely He will uphold us with His righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
The Lord will pour out His Spirit on our child(ren), and His blessing upon them. Isaiah 44:3
The Lord has said “Even the captives of the mighty man will be taken away, and the prey of the tyrant will be rescued; for I will contend with the one who contends with you and I will save your sons.” Therefore my child(ren) are rescued and saved. Isaiah 49:25
My child(ren) are taught of the Lord; and their well-being is great. Isaiah 54:13
No weapon formed against us shall prosper; and every tongue that accuses us in judgment we will condemn. This is our heritage and our vindication is from the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
Our covenant with the Lord states that His Spirit which is upon us shall not depart from our mouths, nor from the mouths of our offspring, nor from the mouths of our offspring’s offspring, from now and forever. Isaiah 59:21
My child(ren) will be known among the nations, and their descendants in the midst of the peoples. All who see them will recognize them because they are the offspring whom the Lord has blessed. Isaiah 61:9
We did not labor in vain or bear children for calamity; for our child(ren) are the offspring of those blessed by the Lord, and their descendants with them. Isaiah 65:23
The Lord has declared that, as the new heavens and the new earth which He shall make will endure before Him, so our child(ren) and our name will endure. Isaiah 66:22
Since God has already poured out His Spirit on all mankind, our sons and daughters will prophesy. Joel 2:28
Jesus asked the Father to keep us from the evil one, and we believe His prayers were answered. John 17:15
My child(ren)'s angels continually behold the face of the Father Who is in heaven. Matthew 18:10
I have believed in the Lord Jesus—therefore, I am saved and my household. Acts 16:31
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:14
We take up the shield of faith over our family and with it extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one…Ephesians 6:16
The Lord is faithful—He strengthens us and protects us from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
The Word of God abides in us and we have overcome the evil one. 1 John 2:14
Jesus keeps us and the evil one touches us not. 1 John 5:18