Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Word Became Flesh

John 1 says 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being...And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.'

We hear that a lot, particularly at Christmas, and we think we know what it means. But stop and really meditate on it...God's word became the earth, the stars, the moon, the first man...and 5000 years later, Jesus!

His WORD became JESUS! I heard a teacher say that the reason it took 5,000 years for Jesus to manifest was that it took 5,000 years for men to say all the things He would be. All of the prophecies had to come through men, because the race of man [male and female] were given authority in the earth.

God's Word is Seed
Then, at the fullness of time, a young Jewish girl said 'Be it done to me according to your word.' She agreed to God's plan, and the WORD was the seed planted in her womb. In the gospels, the word is called a seed and Jesus taught about it in parables. I Peter 1:23 says that we are '...born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.' In Acts 12:24, when talking of the number of converts being saved, Luke said the Word grew and multiplied...

Jesus was the Word, alright, but so are you! Acts 6 said the Word of God increased--it got bigger, because Jesus was being born into more and more people! More and more temples of the Holy Spirit, more earthen vessels with the treasure inside!

The Creative Process
But they really amazing thing was that the manifestation of Jesus on the earth was the physical result of the spoken Word. So Jesus really knew what He was doing when He spoke healing to sick people, or told dead people to 'get up!'

He also knew what He was talking about when He told us to speak to storms, trees and mountains. He knew that words manifested into physical reality...in fact, the Hebrew word dabar means both word and thing! First it's a word, then it's a thing!

Mark 11 records it like this: "Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

He IS the Word, and He's telling us [the Word multiplied] to use faith and words to reign upon the earth! Hallelujah!

Try It
Just try it. Find a wonderful scripture [Word], personalize it and place it in the present tense. Remember--Jesus is the Word made flesh, and so are you! So see the Word as already accomplished and speak it!

God is not One to show partiality [Acts 10:34] and you're already blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places [Ephesians 1:3]. In the earth, you're supposed to reign in life [Romans 5:17] and all things belong to you [1 Cointhians 3:22,23]. By His doing you're in Him [1 Corinthians 1:30] and in Him all the promises of God are YES [2 Corinthians 1:20].

So let's try it...we'll use Psalm 1, seen from a New Testament point of view.

'I am blessed because I do not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor it in the seat of scoffers. My delight is in the Word of God and I meditate in it day and night. I am like a tree firmly planted by streams of water--I yield fruit and my leaf does not wither. I prosper in all that I do.'

Say that a couple of times--you'll feel faith, hope and love rising on the inside, in your spirit!

Let's do another one, this time taken from Psalm 91.

'I dwell in the shelter of the Most High and abide in the shadow of the Almighty. God is my refuge and my fortress and I trust in Him. He delivers me from the snare of the trapper and from deadly pestilence. He has covered me with His pinions and I have taken refuge under His wings. His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

'I am not afraid of the the terror by night, the arrow that flies by day, the pestilence that stalks in darkness, the destruction that lays waste at noon. A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not approach me. I will only look on and see the recompense of the wicked, for I have made the Lord Most High my dwelling place. No evil will befall me nor any plague come near my tent.

'For He has given His angels charge concerning me and they guard me in all my ways. They bear me up in their hands so that I do not strike my foot against a stone.

'I tread upon the lion and cobra, the our lion and the serpent I trample down!

'Because I love Him, He has delivered me and set me securely on high [ref Ephesians 2:6]. He answers me when I call and is with me in trouble. He rescues and honors me--He satisfies me with long life and I have seen His salvation.'

[I got happy just writing it!]

Reign in Life
This is how we reign in life. We are the embodiment of the words spoken of old through prophets--the people created for praise. [Psalm 102 18] God has decreed that His Word will not return to Him without accomplishing what He sent them for, that we might walk in joy and be lead in peace! [Isaiah 55:11]

Put the Word in your mouth--daily, hourly--take time to reign in life! Close your eyes and see the Word accomplished in your life...remember, His works were finished from the foundation of the world. Hallelujah!