Friday, January 7, 2011

Turn That Boat Around!

I was whining to God about some of my circumstances and heard this VERY clearly..

"Well, the rudder is right beneath your nose. Use it."

Oh. Right.

'Now if we put the bits into the horses' mouths so that they will obey us, we direct their entire body as well.

'Look at the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires. SO ALSO THE TONGUE is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things.' [James 3:4,5]

I forgot. Again.

If I don't like the life I have, I have the power to change it.

'Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.' [Proverbs 18:21]

"See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity...I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants..." [Deuteronomy 30:15,19]

"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but BELIEVES THAT WHAT HE SAYS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, it will be granted him." [Mark 11:23]

Time to turn the boat around. Use your rudder.