Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christ In You

'For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him...' [Romans 6:5-8]
'I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.' [Galatians 2:20]
'...the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.' [Colossians 1:26,27]
'But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one Spirit with Him.' [1 Corinthians 6:17]
Hallelujah! I died and Christ was formed in me, in ALL of His fulness...not just some sort of spiritual hitchhiker, but wall to wall God!
'For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete...' [Colossians 2:9,10]
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you...If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him." [John 14:16,17,23]
'...and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be FILLED UP TO ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the GLORY in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen' [Ephesians 3:19-21]
Meditate on the Jesus within, looking through your eyes, speaking through your mouth, loving through you, reigning in life on the earth through you.
No wonder He told us to talk to mountains and trees! He knew He'd be in us...
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father." [John 14:12]
God IS Love...and the Love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who was given to us!
Christ in us, the hope of glory!
Walk in it.