Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He Sent His Word

God's Word always has a purpose...

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, 'My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure; calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My purpose from a far country.

"Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it." [Isaiah 40:10,11]

'Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it."' [Jeremiah 1:12]

'By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deeps in storehouses...For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.' [Psalm 33:6,9]

He speaks with the express purpose of His Word coming to pass, creating whatever He commands. In fact, His Word IS His command!

Ezekiel 38 says He put hooks in their jaws...in other words, He turned them the way He wanted them to go by His prophecy, His Word in the earth.

Proverbs 21:1 says 'The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes.'

In other words, what He says goes and He has said a lot about us!

And I'm pretty sure He means for it to come to pass.

Think about it.