Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Did Jesus Sing?

I was listening to some particularly anointed music and had this thought...did Jesus sing? And if He did, what did He sing?

I mean, music is woven throughout the Word...Lucifer was the Angel of Worship. [Which is why I think he is so skillful at perverting music...he knows how and why it cuts right to the spirit. But that's a topic for another time]

So I knew that Jesus just had to sing. Revelations 1:15 says His voice is like the sound of many waters!

But what? What did He sing?

And I heard, inside, "I sang the songs of David. That's why you love them so much."

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! I am One Spirit with the Lord! [1 Corinthians 6:17]

It's true...I love the Psalms. I spend way too much time there, and have in the past thought that I should be spending more time in the New Covenant.

Which is probably true, because it is my Covenant.

But for some reason I am always drawn back to the Psalms. They are so full of revelation, of timeless truth. I marvel time and time again at how much David knew about God, how much he saw that would be fulfilled in the New Covenant. And while reading them, I see links to other truths, many in the New Covenant.

But now I know. I love the Psalms because Jesus loved them. Hallelujah!! He sang them during His time on the earth, and we will sing them together with Him in Heaven.

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Glory to God!