Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Power Within

The Word tells us clearly that we are one Spirit with the Lord, that we have this treasure in earthen vessels. Both Ephesians and Colossians tell us that we are strengthened with ALL power in our inner man.

And Ephesians 3 goes on to say that He is able to do FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY BEYOND ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK...

What exactly is the power within?

Jesus said that He, the Father and the Holy Spirit would come and dwell with us. That's the TRINITY!! The whole Trinity! [John 14]

In Isaiah 48:12, God tells us Who He is..."I am He, I am the first, I am also the last."

Then Jesus repeats it three times in the book of Revelation:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty." [Revelation 1:8]

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. [Revelation 21:6]

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." [Revelation 22:13]

The power of the First and Last is the power that works in us!

'Now to Him who is able to do FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY BEYOND ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, ACCORDING TO THE OWER THAT WORKS WITHIN US, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.' [Ephesians 3:20,21]

Think about that—I mean, stop what you're doing and really think about it.

Not only full of the One Who is the First and the Last, but actually united with Him...one Spirit with the Lord.

Hallelujah!