Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh...I Get It!

I was just about to launch into a string of scripture-based confessions about my kids and I saw it...or I heard it, or felt it...

Anyway, it was one of those 'Aha!' moments that sort of falls on me.

I saw in an instant that what faith is is believing that it has already come to pass. That God's forever settled Word is already true in the Spirit, and once released into the natural realm by our words, is finished as well.

Jesus summed it up when He said...

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but BELIEVES THAT WHAT HE SAYS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, it will be granted him.

"Therefore I say to you, ALL THINGS for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." [Mark 11:22-24]

Yes, we declare what is to be based on the Word—that is the 'how' part of the equation. But first we must understand that in the Spirit, it is already accomplished! God's Word is settled forever [Ps. 119:89] and He has rested from His works! [Hebrews 4:3,10]

Once we understand by faith that His Word is already accomplished for us in the realm of the Spirit, then we speak it out into the natural world! Decree a thing and it will be established for you! [Job 22:28]

So stop worrying and wringing your hands. The confession or declaration of God's Word into the earth is not some kind of charismatic rosary. Believe that it's done...and it will done unto you according to your faith.