Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guess What?

It is absolutely the will of God that His Word be fulfilled.
Period.
That is why He spoke it...for it to come to pass.
Consider these scriptures:
'Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it."' [Jeremiah 1:12]

"For I the LORD will speak, and whatever word I speak will be performed. It will no longer be delayed, for in your days, O rebellious house, I will speak the word and perform it," declares the Lord GOD.' [Ezekiel 12:25]
'The LORD has done what He purposed; He has accomplished His word Which He commanded from days of old.' [Lamentations 2:17]
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, 'My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure; calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it." [Isaiah 46:10,11]
'The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of His heart from generation to generation.' [Psalm 33:11]
'The LORD of hosts has sworn saying, "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand..."' [Isaiah 14:24]
'O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; for You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.' [Isaiah 25:1]
'The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.' [Isaiah 40:8]
"So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." [Isaiah 55:11]
“I am ready to perform My Word.” [Jeremiah 1:12]
'Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the LORD your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed.' [Joshua 23:14]
"Now the LORD has fulfilled His word which He spoke; for I have risen in place of my father David and sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD, the God of Israel.' [1 Kings 8:20]
Etc etc etc.
It is clear. When He speaks, it is His purpose that it comes to pass.
What Does It Mean for Us?
Yeah, yeah, we know about Genesis 1. He spoke and and it came to pass.
We even know about prophecies made about Israel and about the coming Messiah.
What does that have to do with us?
Well, consider how much He has said about, to and for us?
Let's start with a few of my personal favorites. If you've read more than 2 postings on this blog, you know what they are...
'For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.' [2 Corinthians 1:20]
'But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.' [1 Corinthians 6:17]
“Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” [John 16:24]
“...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” [Matthew 21:22]
“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” [1 John 5:14,15]
“Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” [Matthew 18:18]
'And Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." [Mark 1; 22-24]
But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved ), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.' [Ephesians 2:4-7]
'For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.' [Romans 5:17]
Now You Try It...
Go ahead. Apply this thought to your favorite verses. How would you feel if you KNEW it was His will for His Word to come to pass? If you knew that the answer is NEVER no if your request is based on His Word, because He sent His Word for the very purpose that it be fulfilled in the earth!
Unlike natural man, God doesn't talk to hear Himself. Every word has a purpose...to be fulfilled.
He created us in His image, and told us to SPEAK to mountains and trees.
Think about it.