Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bound

A Dream [06/13/2010]
I was standing with Jesus when several large angels came in, carry a chain-bound satan between them. They threw him on the ground, and Jesus said to him "Give it to her."

Without looking at me, satan handed up a check for a portion of the sevenfold penalty for everything stolen from me. [Proverbs 6:31]

Jesus turned and said to me, "I already had authority over him. I came so that you would have authority over him."

I walked over and put my foot on his head.

Then, in a commanding tone, He said to satan "Go get the rest."

Unfortunately, I was awakened by noisy family members, yucking it up outside my door! Blast!

Prove It
You know me through this blog...I have to prove everything by the Word before I'll believe it or write about it. I believe 100% in the anointing of the Holy Spirit teaching us all things [1 John 2:20,27] but I still have to be able to prove it from the written Word.After prayerful consideration and study, here are the results:

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." [Matthew 16:19]
"Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." [Matthew 18:18]
'The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you."' [Luke 10:19]
'No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent. For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, that you do not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down. [Psalm 91:10-13]
''When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.' [Colossians 2:15]
'I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.' [I John 2:14]
'And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony...' [Revelation 12:11]
'...but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.' [1 John 5:18]
'But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.' [2 Thessalonians 3:3]
'In addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.' [Ephesians 6:16]
"I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one." [John 17:15]

Binding and Loosing
I know there is controversy over the issue of binding and loosing. But Jesus made a point to say it twice in the Gospels and once in the Psalms, so I believe it is important.

In fact, in Matthew 16:19, He calls the power to bind [forbid] and loose [allow] the KEYS OF THE KINGDOM! Psalm 149 call it an honor for His godly ones!

In other words, we have authority in the earth...His authority! [read Keys of the Kingdom]

What I realized after was that satan was not bound by the angels that brought him in, but by my own words, spoken in faith, binding him in my life! I had also commanded him to return everything he had stolen time seven, as dictated in Proverbs 6:31.

Unfortunately, because I did not see results immediately, I let it slide. I had faith in the Word and in God when I spoke it, but did not exercise my faith to uphold it until I saw the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! [Psalm 27:13]

What I think I saw in the dream was the fulfillment of God's Word in the spiritual plane. It is, in fact, finished, according to Hebrews 4:3,10! In reality, satan was bound millennia before my birth!

I think the Lord was having mercy on me, showing me that the Word is indeed true and settled forever. [Psalm 119:89] What I need to do is believe it, agree with it, and speak it as accomplished with thanksgiving!

Now it's up to me to do Ephesians 6:13: 'Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.'