Sunday, March 1, 2015

Shield

Here are some excellent Scriptures to pray and say over yourself and your family…remember, you’ve been made the righteousness of God in Christ [2 Corinthians 5:21] and have been grafted into Israel! [Romans 4:17]

You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait [hope, expect] for Your Word. [Psalm 119:114]

For it is You Who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as with a shield. [Psalm 5:12]

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One Who lifts my head. [Psalm 3:3]

The Lord is my strength [might, stronghold] and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him. [Psalm 28:7]

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. [Psalm 84:11]

​After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.” [Genesis 15:1]

“Blessed are you, O Israel; Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, Who is the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, and you will tread upon their high places.” [Deuteronomy 33:29]

“As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the Lord is tested; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him." [2 Samuel 22:31]

“You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your help makes me great. [2 Samuel 22:36]

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies. [Psalm 18:2,3]

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him…You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand upholds me; and Your gentleness makes me great. [Psalm 18:30, 35]

Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. [Psalm 33:20]

Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of buckler and shield and rise up for my help. Draw also the spear and the battle- axe to meet those who pursue me; say to my soul, “I am your salvation.” [Psalm 35:1-3]

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; my lovingkindness and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and He in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me. [Psalm 144:1,2]

Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. [Proverbs 30:5]

He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. [Psalm 91:4]