Friday, October 28, 2011

Jump Up and Down

I had an epiphany the other day.
Something truly wonderful happened to me…I mean out of the ordinary, unexpected favor that resulted in something wonderful.
I couldn’t stop smiling or shouting all day. Every once in a while, I had to jump up and down a little.
Then it hit me. 
Jesus told me to believe I receive WHEN I PRAY.
Not when it finally shows up.
And this is how I should feel if I really believed that it was a done deal. Jumping up and down happy.
Oh.
How Do We Know?
How do we know it’s finished? How do we know it’s His will?
1 John 5:14 says ‘This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we KNOW that we have what we asked of Him.’ [NIV]
So to know that it’s finished, we must ask according to His will.
His Word IS His will!
Here are a few more scriptures to ponder:
‘…although His works were FINISHED from the foundation of the world.’ [Hebrews 4:3]
‘But the one who joins himself to the Lord is ONE SPIRIT WITH HIM.’ [1 Corinthians 6:17]
‘For as many as are the promises of God, IN HIM they are YES; therefore also through Him is our AMEN to the glory of God through us.’ [2 Corinthians 1:20]
‘But we have the mind of Christ.’ [1 Corinthians 2:16]
‘”Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”’ [John 14:13,14]
‘Beloved, I pray that in ALL RESPECTS you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.’ [3 John 1:2]
‘Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. EVERY GOOD THING GIVEN AND EVERY PERFECT GIFT is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.’ [James 1:16,17]
‘So then let no one boast in men. For ALL THINGS BELONG TO YOU, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come; ALL THINGS BELONG TO YOU, and you belong to Christ ; and Christ belongs to God.’ [1 Corinthians 3:21-23]
‘...and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ…’ [Romans 8:17]
In other words, it all belongs to you anyway and it’s all already finished. You’re One Spirit with Him.
If it’s good, it’s God’s will for your life.
If it’s promised in the Word, it’s already yes and amen.
Base your requests on the Word and KNOW that He heard you, and that if He heard you, you have what you asked.
That’s believing you receive when you pray:
‘”Therefore I say to you, ALL THINGS for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.”’ [Mark 11:24]
And joy should be the result.
‘Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE, so that your JOY may be made full.”’ [John 16:24]
So if you ask according to His Word [His will], believe you receive WHEN YOU PRAY. When you say ‘AMEN’ or so be it, see it done. Know that it’s done.
Feel the same way you would if something completely wonderful happened.
Because it did, before the foundation of the world. 
Hallelujah!