Friday, July 8, 2011

Rescue

Ever feel like you need rescuing?
Consider these...
'The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock; and exalted be God, the rock of my salvation, the God who executes vengeance for me, and brings down peoples under me, Who also brings me out from my enemies; You even lift me above those who rise up against me; You rescue me from the violent man.
'Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations, and I will sing praises to Your name. "He is a tower of deliverance to His king, and shows lovingkindness to His anointed, to David and his descendants forever." [2 Samuel 22:47-51]
'Return, O Lord, rescue my soul; save my because of Your lovingkindness...The Lord has heard my supplication, the Lord receives my prayer. All my enemies will be ashamed and greatly dismayed; they shall not turn back, ' [Psalm 6:4]
'Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel. In You our fathers trusted; they trusted and You delivered them. To You they cried out and were delivered; in You they trusted and were not disappointed.' [Psalm 22:3-5]
'In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge; Let me never be ashamed; in Your righteousness deliver me. Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me.
'For You are my rock and my fortress; for Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me. You will pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have ransomed me, O LORD, God of truth.' [Psalm 31:1-5]
'Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of buckler and shield and rise up for my help. Draw also the spear and the battle-axe to meet those who pursue me; Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."
'Let those be ashamed and dishonored who seek my life; let those be turned back and humiliated who devise evil against me. Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the LORD driving them on.
'Let their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of the LORD pursuing them. For without cause they hid their net for me; without cause they dug a pit for my soul. Let destruction come upon him unawares and let the net which he hid catch himself; into that very destruction let him fall.
And my soul shall rejoice in the LORD; it shall exult in His salvation.' [Psalm 35:1-9]
"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me." [Psalm 50:15]
'Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge in You; and in theshadow of Your wings I will take refuge until destruction passes by. I will cry to God Most High, to God Who accomplishes all things for me. He will send from heaven and save me; He reproaches him who tramples upon me. God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth.' [Psalm 57: 1-3]
'In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be ashamed. In Your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline Your ear to me and save me. Be to me a rock of habitation to which I may continually come; You have given commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.
Rescue me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the grasp of the wrongdoer and ruthless man, for You are my hope; O Lord GOD, You are my confidence from my youth.' [Psalm 71:1-5]
"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him and let him see My salvation." [Psalm 91:14-16]
'Look upon my affliction and rescue me, for I do not forget Your law. Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me according to Your word.' [Psalm 119:153,154]
These scriptures are just a start. It is obvious that God is a rescuer of those who call upon Him.
Meditate on these scriptures...they are Spirit and they are Life. Remember, Jesus IS the Word, and we are One Spirit with Him, the Word multiplied!
And do not be deceived...His Word is for you!
'For as many as are the promises of God, IN HIM they are YES; therefore also through HIm is our AMEN [so be it] to the glory of God through us.' [2 Corinthians 1:21]
Forget every sermon you've ever heard, or every book you've ever read, that told you 'sometimes the answer is no.' Instead, believe God.
Meditate on these wonderful promises until they renew your mind, for it is the renewal of the mind that transforms your life.